Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The vegetable garden at the Garden Spot is finally in - most of it!

 I did it! Well, it was me AND my daughter this year, so really - - we did it!

We planted tomatoes (5 kinds), peppers (2 kinds), and spinach, plus some snapdragons. I hope to add more things soon.

The back yard is starting to jungle out - - and there is much to do to tame it. But getting some plants in the garden area feels great.

Here are a couple of pictures.
The left side of the garden, just inside the gate.
























Basil, curly parsley, and marigolds.
























This chair sure felt nice after a lot of digging and planting.
























I have some more room... so what more will I plant? Maybe some pumpkins, zucchini, and onions.

I will be heading outside to get my Vitamin D and more exercise at least every other day this summer. It will be all about trimming, fixing the tomato rounds, cutting back the apple tree, and planting some flowers too.

Inside the garden area, I will hopefully have a tiny pool to cool off with too. That part sounds fun. Or I will relax with my hat on the chair after pouring water on my head.

Are you having a garden this year? I think it will help a LOT with the grocery bills, plus it will be fun to see the plants grow.

Later!




My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site and blog
My Squidoo pages
Join me on my Fan Page on Facebook
Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.