Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A close call... storms in Kentucky today



When I first moved to Kentucky, I heard about the terrible storms and tornados that happen here.

I have had a few close calls. Once a tornado passed over my garage (with my daughter and I in it...) and I have seen the aftermath of tornados blow houses down and around everywhere.

I probably will be watching the news tonight. I guess this latest bunch of tornadoes came pretty close to this area (South Central Kentucky). We had the weather radio on today to listen when the power went out twice. I also heard that there were bad storms in the north too.

I hope my readers are all OK.

The storm/tornado funnel picture is by blondieb38 on Flickr. She lives in Illinois. Her profile page is here:  http://www.morguefile.com/creative/blondieb38.

Betsyanne

My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site and blog
My Squidoo pages
Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

2 comments:

  1. Brr, looks dangerous!

    We're up for Wordless Wednesday:Target Is Relaxed

    http://blog.lepak.com/2010/10/wordless-wednesday-target-is-relaxed.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there..I am visiting all my old blogger friends because I completely forgot about my blog...lol..been on facebook a lot. Do you have a facebook account? Will keep in touch this time. Love your blogs.
    Barb:)

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments! I would love that.