Monday, May 07, 2007

Ceres in the Park

Here's one of the four statues that represent different Nature Goddesses in Fountain Square Park, Bowling Green, Kentucky. I like the plants in front of Ceres.

According to the Roanoke.edu site, Ceres was a foreign deity adopted by Rome. She became the goddess of the ground, crops, and grain. Her name was given to an asteroid - the first discovered. Demeter is the Greek name for this goddess.

Some people say that she represents the powerful bond between mother and daughter.

2 comments:

  1. I like your picture of the statue in the park. Fountain Square is a wonderful place to take pictures. My daughter had her Formal a few days ago and we met several of her friends at the park to take some pictures. They turned out really well. They will be posted on my blog, if you would care to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Your photo of Ceres was great to see. It reminded me of some of the great architectural places in Bowling Green. Nice to read your Blog as well. Brightest Blessings, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments! I would love that.