Saturday, February 13, 2016

Radio Station Live 365 is off the air.... darn! But they have suggested other stations...



Ack.

I went to find a neat radio station on Live 365 and it had an announcement on the page.

(When I finally got there there was... there was a warning first, but I knew this site was OK so kept trying...)

ANYWAY, when I got there it seemed like there was an ad on the landing page.

So, I read it.

Then I went to X it out to get to my page and sign in, and realized that the ad was NOT an ad.

Here is a clipping of the page, made smaller:




















Yes, not an ad, it's a goodbye! Live365 has closed down.

I wish I'd known about this sooner. I didn't know about the legal deadline either.... I'm sorry to hear about it. I'd have somehow copied the stations I most liked and tried to find out if they planned to move to another location. Darn. I also thought about having a station. But never did it. Ack again.

I hope everyone reconsiders later on and 365 can come back. Right now it's unaffordable for the proverbial Little Guy.

I guess there is always NPR News. But that's not the same. Looks like some research is in order to find a replacement for Live 365. Hope I can find one that is affordable now! If and when I do, I will share it here.

Adding: I really liked Live365 - - they had TONS of free stations. Some of my favorites were the 60's and 70's stations. I was always finding something new there too.

Well, that's it for now. 

And I MUST say:  THANKS for stopping by here too. Visit again!

Betsyanne

Onward and Upward!

Wikipedia explains more about this whole situation here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live365

And be sure to visit my other blogs and sites:

My selling site: The Best Books and Collectibles

My personal and business blog: The Betsyanne website

The Nontraditional Student website and The Nontraditional Student blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.