Monday, February 14, 2011

Why I love older technology


 Older technology has some great advantages.

#1. It is cheaper than the newest technology. This goes for things like computers, software, tape players, and tapes.

For example, I can find a nice tapebook (the old-fashioned cassette kind) for maybe $2.00 or $1.00 for the whole book. It both plays great and is fun to listen to. Now, if I would upgrade to always listening to CD audiobooks, I would have to pay more.

#2. It's still technology. And I do like to play with techie gadgets.

#3. I can wait for the newer technology to get older, then buy it. This will work the bugs out of it. And (#1 again...) The price will have gone down by the time I buy it, which is a win-win situation.

#4. Technology is still useful whatever its age, as long as it still works. This advantage is great because I don't care if it is old or new. I just care if it is fun or useful. I think lots of people agree with me on this. Now, if I allowed myself to get used to only new technology, that would be another story. But I don't.

#5. Owning techie gadgets is a good thing, older or newer. Tech gadgets are can make life easier and more creative. And then there is the volume thing. Going for older technology means that instead of just owning 1 or 2 techie gadgets, I (or anyone!) can maybe have 3 or 4.

Just saying! What's next? Maybe an older Wii. Hmmmm.....

Betsyanne

My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site and blog
My Squidoo pages
Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

3 comments:

  1. I don't miss cassettes: the humid air here means they last only a few months. CDs are GREAT!!

    Thanks for your kind words. Au ate last night AND this morning!!! We're hoping this means he's decided to live. He's a tough kitty so if he has the will, he should recover. Thanks for the purrs. We really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great about Au! I hope he recovers all the way. I have a cat too, and she is truly a member of the family, a very sweet fur-baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and I didn't know that about cassettes! I guess I should start liking CD's too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments! I would love that.