Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Remembering John Lennon

Thanks to Richard, whose link is at the bottom of this page, for putting this link up on Facebook today.

This song is Happy Christmas, War is Over, by John Lennon. I found out today that other people have not heard this song, even people who listen to the radio a lot, I assume. I have heard it in Wisconsin and in Kentucky at Christmastime.

I wish I would hear it more, and expect to hear it on the radio or TV Christmas week.

I do love this song. It means even more seeing the video today. I, like so many others, really miss John Lennon. When he died, a piece of me did too. He stood for so much, peace, fighting against injustice, not caring what others thought of him, and a lot more.

Here is the video of the song.



I am so glad that the whole world is remembering John Lennon today. Here are a few links that I found interesting:

Rolling Stone will release John Lennon's final print interview found in a closet (link is here).

Lennon's Other Legacy: Newsweek talks about John Lennon and calls him the "first meta-celebrity." (link is here)

**And especially: Squid Rich's blog: John Lennon, 30 Years Gone: Happy Xmas (War is Over) (link is here).

If John Lennon were alive today, what do you think he would be fighting for? Stopping the wars everywhere, and living peacefully, bringing prisoners home, and much more, I think. But on the good side, many people have been inspired by him and are working for these same things today. I say Yay!

-Betsyanne

My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site and blog
My Squidoo pages
Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

2 comments:

  1. I like his music; not sure about his sincerity though. He didn't exactly share his wealth, did he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know too much about that. One news show suggested that he did a lot of sharing through free concerts and charity work.

    That would be in character, though I am not an expert. It's worth looking into.

    I think he's inspired a lot of people to share of themselves. That is a good thing.

    I do know that he had changed his outlook quite a bit before his death. I admire people who don't always think they are right, and he himself admitted that.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments! I would love that.