Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Great Water Heater Mystery
















This art is from the great Microsoft Clip Art Site here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/default.aspx. It is for licensed users of Microsoft Office.

Mysterious Happenings.... but a happy ending!

Last night, the water heater put out lukewarm water instead of really hot water like usual. Of course, my first reaction was, "Okay, time to get another water heater!"

And thinking on the bright side, my husband said that if we got an Energy Star water heater we might be able to get a tax rebate next year.

So... I started thinking about water heaters and expenses, etc. I needed to do my homework, because I don't really know much about them. I do know a new kind is "on demand" which doesn't use as much electricity.

But then it started working again. Yay.

The mystery is pretty much solved, because we used a LOT of hot water yesterday, between showers and laundry. I think it was still heating up and took awhile. Maybe I'll do the work ahead of time and be ready for when I HAVE to get a new water heater.

Or maybe not. :-)

All for now,
-Betsyanne

My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site
and blog
My Squidoo pages

Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.