Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Five Remembrances or the Upajjhatthana Sutta by the Buddha

The Upajjhatthana Sutta
Five Remembrances (from my friend G.)

I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.

I am of the nature to have ill health. there is no way to escape having ill health.

I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.

All that is dear to me, and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.

My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground on which I stand.

Buddha


I really like this. Thank you, G.


My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site and blog
My Squidoo pages
Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.