Thursday, March 26, 2009

Connecting with friends

Photo by mommy2emjar@yahoo.com
from Front Royal, Virginia

I re-connected with an old friend today. It was so much fun. It made me think of the old Girl Scout song, "Make New Friends."

The lyrics say "Make new friends, but keep the old... one is silver but the other's gold." It seems like a good time to go to Classmates.com or websites and re-connect with old friends. Also, it is good to connect with new friends too.

Sometimes it takes a little effort to stay connected, whether it is with Christmas cards, an occasional phone call, or time spent together. But it is well worth it. Being with a friend makes me feel young and happy.

An online (and free) service I have tried is The Friends Page, from Australia. I made a friend from Switzerland there, and we have had some good talks.

Friendship links:
The Classmates page (free to look, pay for email)
The Friendship page from Australia

Other links:
My Squidoo Scouting Page
Lyrics to Make New Friends song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.