Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today was about learning more about the Cherokee Nation





Was it ever great to go through the Cherokee History Museum today in Cherokee, South Carolina.

Today was a sad day for me, but also a good day, because of the many things I learned. I was always sad because of the Trail of Tears. Now I know that some in the U.S. Government and others wanted the Cherokee Nation to prosper, but others were just selfish and did anything for money (like some still do today).

And both sides (the Cherokees vs. settlers) sometimes had their own customs, rules, and reasons for striking at each other that can help in understanding the reasons behind history.

I did not know there were separate tribes of Cherokees, each with their own symbol. There is a lot I didn't know about the Cherokee people. I'm glad I started to learn more today.

And what a genius Sequoia was! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.