Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sandpipers... an interview... and the Elks Lodge


I had forgotten about the Festival! How could I forget! That is a big event here. Rickey and I drove down ____ Drive and another road and saw a whole bunch of neat squares of cans all squished together. I was sorry I forgot my camera. I didn't forget my PEN, but left it in the car. (!)

As we turned into the road that led to ____ today, we saw two plovers or sandpipers running along, leading us away from their nest. They were so cute. I was sorry again that I forgot my camera.

We didn't go to ____, (like we usually do...) but we turned the car around at __ , (I didn't want to make anyone stay late), ate at a local restaurant, and met the wife of a ______.

She is working in Bowling Green soon - also as a teacher! What a coincidence. She was a sweet person. "You would like it here," she said. "Everyone knows everyone. It's a great place." She moved there from Tennessee.

I know _____ from a long time ago. The people there are very friendly and I always had a good time visiting there. I wonder if the band I used to hear is still around.

We bought two newspapers and compared ____ to Elkton. Of course, I thought of several questions that I didn't ask about 30 minutes later, just like usual. I think the people who asked ME questions really asked good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.