Sunday, March 06, 2005

ConCave sightseeing


Horse Cave, KY
Originally uploaded by betsyanne.
I finally got a weekend off (Thanks, Aunt Jackie!) and we went to ConCave, a relaxacon celebrating its 27th year.

Here's a link explaining its history:
http://www.smithuel.net/sfchb/hbp3kypc.html

Notice Rickey's name in the second paragraph!

All in all it went very well. I found some great deals and a couple of t-shirts too.

3 (yes, count 'em, three) other officers from the NTSO at WKU (I've been very busy helping with that this semester) don't like the time the South Campus is meeting.

That's OK with me, (everyone needs to have their own opinion) but they seem to be taking things WAY too seriously for me. I mean - it isn't a big deal. People need to be more laid back about stuff. Little things like meeting times are to me no biggie.

I guess I've mellowed out in my old age. Things that would have just floored me (for more than a couple of days) just floor me for - well - less time.

It will be good to be done with a lot of this responsibility soon.

Onward and upward! I think I need to be thinking about what is important for me, too. I've been trying to keep things going for other people too much.

Though I am proud of what I've accomplished. We should all have a great time at the panel and I'm still looking forward to the rest of the semester.

Back to schoolwork! I have loads of homework, notebooks, and observation Friday.

Test Tuesday, and speeches begin then too.

I will do another email for Argumentation and get some needed rest.

I got a great Leadership T-shirt. It shows some cats in Ididerod-type harness, all doing their own thing. It's hilarious!

I love this photo. I got some really good ones this weekend. I plan to put some more there of the burned-down hotel. They plan to renovate it. Nobody was hurt in the fire, but it gutted it. The framework is still there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comments! I would love that.