Monday, January 02, 2012

How often should I update my blogs?


Today I am publishing to some of my blogs.  <Again - after a day or two...>

Cool pens original by Keith Williamson on Flickr.








I have only been publishing maybe once or twice a week before, and sometimes less often.

But it will be good practice, and I think more interesting to write more than I used to last year. I think publishing every day would be great - but I don't have that much time when I am very busy. So I will publish every other day when that happens.

How often do you update your blogs? I have heard great advice from Bloggeries, a popular web directory and forum, about how much posting is necessary. By all means, some people say, post every day. Others say to post at least twice a week.

Most bloggers agree that posting once a month is not enough. People simply get bored of never hearing anything from a blog and will ignore them after a while. I personally erase a blog from my blogrolls if they have not posted for two months or more.

And I want to get serious about my blogs this year. I want to improve how they look, and don't be surprised if I move some to websites. My readers will still be able to read each blog; they will just be on another page.

Betsyanne
Blog and webpage writer

Do you write your own personal or business blog? Leave a comment. Your blog will be featured where your name is. Don't put another link there, the name link will be enough.

B


My Personal Page and blog
The Nontrads site and blog
My Squidoo pages
Join me on my Fan Page on Facebook
Join me on Twitter as @betsyanne or @nontrads

4 comments:

  1. I think that having something to say is the first step. Too many dull blogs about! Now if you post about cats... we'll visit every hour! Wishing you a happy, healthy, fun and successful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.... now I see where I went wrong! I love cats. I should add this to my description and make sure I post some great photo or posting about cats to make my blog better. I'm serious! Let me think about this... :-) I think it's a GREAT idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your blogging goals. When it comes to increasing how often you post, it's all about getting into a routine. Once it becomes more of a habit, you won't struggle as much to actually post as often as you want, and you may even find yourself being able to "get ahead" by writing and saving posts for future use. :)

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments! I would love that.