Tuesday, December 13, 2005

elson159


elson159, originally uploaded by betsyanne.

I see a lot of lights up around town. I just love this time of year. On Friday, I plan to drive all around town and see them, trees in the windows, icicles hanging from eaves, multicolored santas, sleighs, and reindeer. Can't wait.

Tomorrow is the How to Be a Student Teacher meeting. Problem is, part of the students (myself included) have already met with their teacher. We were told it was OK to do this. Some are waiting until after the meeting (which it says to do on the official note). Well... I hope they don't ask the ones who have contacted their teachers to stand in the corner. We will probably have lots of paper to take home, and lots more questions to answer and assignments, too. I HAVE to get my Curriculum Vitae done too... I'll put it on my list.

Last exam today - YAY!! Now to get going on lesson plans. First the big outline, and getting the book from the teacher, PLUS finding out about when I'll be expected to be there daily.

Plus... plus... plus...

I made a group for us - the WKU Student Teacher group here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wku_student_teachers/

and the writing group is here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Read_Write_Think/

Still just two of us there. We'll see what happens.

Visited the new bookstore (was in the Mall... now it's relocated to 2625 Scottsville Road. "Half Price Books" is its name. We tried to find a good "car" book for David but no luck. We did find some other great stuff. I wound up getting some half price books - some were:
The Book of Celtic Wisdom (sayings)
The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan
Time for Kids: Harriett Tubman, a Woman of Courage
Neil Gaimon: Coraline
The Indian Luck Book
Grendel: by John Gardner (Beowulf told from Grendel's point of view...)

So I'm set for reading for a while. Plus the book I'm reading right now, The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien. The show "Lost" featured it some time back. It is said to have some clues in it to the show. I can tell already that it fits in with my theory about the show... that they really aren't there, they are dreaming it all. The plane really crashed and they are in another realm, not on the "real" earth at all. We'll see.

Off I go. Much to do, and much to think about.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:59 PM

    Checking on comments - this seems to work for me.... I changed one setting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:49 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comments! I would love that.